Does your company's data security keep you up at night? If so, you're not alone. With security breaches in the news regularly, it's no wonder that business owners are concerned.
Data loss costs companies billions every year, especially when it relates to customer information. When a customer trusts you with their personal information and then finds that information was insecure, they're far less likely to work with you in the future. The good news? With the right IT services and a few common-sense precautions, you can avoid being the next news story on for stolen information. Here's how we suggest shoring up your data security.
- Limit office equipment access: Every piece of office equipment you own—from laptops to copiers to scanners—serves as a point of entry for your company's information. Limit these points of entry by choosing secure multifunction printers to replace the many other devices around your office.
- Educate your employees about passwords: Many employees use the same simple password for years, leaving their personal work accounts open to hacking. Require that employees use secure passwords and that they change their passwords regularly to ensure higher security.
- Invest in protection: Firewalls and antivirus software can go a long way toward protecting your company. Make sure all of your business's computers, mobile devices, and office equipment are secured with appropriate software and that the software is up to date.
- Consider mobile security: Today's employees are using smartphones and tablets more than ever, and these devices can serve as another access point into your system. Make sure you have a comprehensive IT security plan in place that considers mobile devices.
- Stay vigilant 24/7: Make sure you have constant network monitoring, routine maintenance, and security fixes at all times. Sound daunting? IT managed services can handle this round-the-clock surveillance for you.
To learn more about how managed IT services can make your Atlanta business more secure, contact us today.